Sunday, June 10, 2012

Art 141 final: Accordion Booklet

I go the idea for my accordion from my Photo1 class. For the Photo1 class we were supposed to make a "beauty" collage with photos that we had taken. It was a very open ended assignment and there were no guidelines. When it was mentioned that we would be making accordion booklets I immediately jumped on the idea of combining both assignments and killing two birds with one stone. I think the hardest part of this whole assignment (for me) was writing the poetry to go with my images. Other than that I found Adobe's Indesign program pretty easy to use and arranging everything on the pages was fairly easy as well. I am with very content with the final result, my one complaint is that I wish I printed it with the inkjet and spent the extra money. The image quality on my final (which I used for my Photo1 class) was not satisfactory, but that said it also wasn't terrible and was good enough. I have one question for you (Prof. Dallal) and that is why does the school's print center recommend RGB color images for the inkjet printer? I ask since you mentioned that CYMK was best for printing (although I now wonder if you meant it was best for printing in magazines etc. rather than fine art printing).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Taylor, good question! You are right that CMYK is for press printing, also the color laser does better with it. However, the the Epson inkjet printers work better with RGB, I guess it has to do with their own software set-up for the printer that translates the RBG to CMYK. The mural printer has extra inks also--light black, light cyan, light magenta, to extend the range of colors in it's CMYK gamut.

    ReplyDelete